Monday, January 16, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Pie

I was visiting my neighbor the other day when I saw this delicious pie on her kitchen table. I could not resist asking her what it was made of and how she got that wonderful swirl design. She insisted on giving me a piece, even though I told her not to open the pie just for me-but it did not take too much convincing on her part! I had a piece, and boy was it delicious!!! I was savoring every bite and wanted my piece to expand so I can enjoy it for longer! I wrote down the recipe right then and there. And just made it the other day and took it over to my sister-in-laws home, and they all had the same reaction I did-DELICIOUS!!!!!



INGREDIENTS:

4-7 eggs
350 grams chocolate
1 tablespoon coffee
1/4 c hot water
2/3 cup sugar
whipped topping
2 (9-inch) graham cracker crusts


DIRECTIONS:

-preheat oven to 350ºF
-melt chocolate, water and coffee together
-separate eggs
-mix egg yolks and sugar until thick
-mix egg whites until light and fluffy
-add yolks to the chocolate mixture-mix well
-fold in the egg whites
-divide the batter in half, pour half in the 2 pie crusts, save the other half for later
-bake the pies for 30 minutes, or until not wiggly
-remove pies from the oven and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool off
-pour remaining batter evenly on both pies
-decorate with whipped topping and chocolate
-store in freezer, before cutting, let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes

chocolate swirl effect: pour melted chocolate in a circular motion from the center of the pie, all the way out. then take a toothpick and draw lines from the center out-make spaces about half the size of a regular sized slice.

preparation: 15 minutes
baking time: 30 minutes
yields: 12 servings

notes: you do not have to bake the mousse at all if you enjoy it that way. I actually bake about 2/3's of the pie because I personally like that part the best.

credits: Chany S.

a slice-looks really pretty with the 3 layers

No comments:

Post a Comment